Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scyanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2012
Minnesota
I use an Airport and Squeezebox to play my music collection from a external hard drive with my Macbook Pro. I would like to use Time Machine to back up my 750GB music folder so that in the future it will only back up changes not have to copy the whole thing. I have a second large hard drive to use for the backup.

Thanks for your help.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I use an Airport and Squeezebox to play my music collection from a external hard drive with my Macbook Pro. I would like to use Time Machine to back up my 750GB music folder so that in the future it will only back up changes not have to copy the whole thing. I have a second large hard drive to use for the backup.

Thanks for your help.

Time Machine (TM) will be able to do that, but you have to EXCLUDE all the other root folders you don't want to backup via System Preferences > Time Machine > OPTIONS.
Or you could simply use CarbonCopyCloner, as it allows to backup selected folders only, and that on a scheduled daily basis, and only the initial copy process will take long, but the subsequent backups will only be the changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.