Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngelRuiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2012
Hello so i just got an Iphone 4 I traded my friend for it and im trying to restore it but it wont let me it says Unkown error 1 if anyone could help please! i would really aprecitate it.:(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You need to put your phone in DFU-mode and than restore.

connect USB

Hold home and power button together, after about 7 seconds the phone will turn off, keep holding home and power for another 3 seconds, now release the power button while holding the home button for another 10 seconds.

The phone should be off with a completely darkscreen, itunes should give a message that your phone is in recovery-mode and should be restored.

You can now restore your phone by hitting restore or you can download the IPSW firmware and select it manual by holding ALT(mac) or SHIFT(win) and click on restore.

IPSW firmware can be downloaded from here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

AngelRuiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2012
You need to put your phone in DFU-mode and than restore.

connect USB

Hold home and power button together, after about 7 seconds the phone will turn off, keep holding home and power for another 3 seconds, now release the power button while holding the home button for another 10 seconds.

The phone should be off with a completely darkscreen, itunes should give a message that your phone is in recovery-mode and should be restored.

You can now restore your phone by hitting restore or you can download the IPSW firmware and select it manual by holding ALT(mac) or SHIFT(win) and click on restore.

IPSW firmware can be downloaded from here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

I tried it didn't work :(

Aksta

macrumors regular
May 3, 2011
Surrey, UK
I'm having the same problem and those steps don't work. I've tried another computer as well still get error 1. any ideas?

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Are you sure you're actually in DFU mode? The timing can be tricky... What is on your screen? Is it a picture of a cable saying "connect to iTunes", or do you just have a black screen?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you are trying to restore to anything other than current firmware (5.1.1 9B208), you must have hashes saved for that firmware

If you are trying to restore to current firmware (5.1.1 9B208):
Make sure host file is pointed to Apple
Hook your phone up to newest Redsn0w
Use Redsn0w to put it in pwned DFU mode
Download the 5.1.1 IPSW to desktop
Open iTunes
Use iTunes to navigate to the IPSW on desktop (restore button plus option button for Mac, shift button for PC)

The process to restore to older firmware is completely different.

cutty1

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
I had the Same problem as the original OP and I did exactly as they stated and It worked like a Charm Thanx

ironman5

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
My iphone 4s (5.1.1) is currently jailbroken and im trying to restore it, but every time I try a message saying "device isn't eligible for the requested build"
pops up!

swoops

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
4s Restore to 5.1.1.

Really no chance to restore iOs 5.1.1 on my jailbroken iPhone 4s with 5.1.1?
I have all Bloops in Cydia since 5.0

Cydia isnt working anymore ... can't install und can't uninstall anything :confused:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
not at the moment, wait for the new redsn0w, than with full blobs a 5.1.1-5.1.1 restore should be possible.

swoops

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
:-/

unfortunately dhlizard is right
it isnt possible
so i live without cydia, (cannot install and cannot uninstall anything)=
and it is ok .... for a while ;-)

SB Settings i miss you ..... and Wallpaper 2 a marvelous tweak :rolleyes:

swoops

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
question

hello,
@dhlizard
sorry my english is really bad, is it right, that i cannot re-restore 5.1.1 on my iphone 4s to 5.1.1, but i can restore to an earlier version?!
maybe 5.1?!? with the new redsn0w 0.9.15b3

it seems i have a ota update (5.1.1) in my iphone 4s:-/ unfortunately is cydia out of order, neither i can install anything nor a i delete cydia files :-(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
hello,
@dhlizard
sorry my english is really bad, is it right, that i cannot re-restore 5.1.1 on my iphone 4s to 5.1.1, but i can restore to an earlier version?!
maybe 5.1?!? with the new redsn0w 0.9.15b3

it seems i have a ota update (5.1.1) in my iphone 4s:-/ unfortunately is cydia out of order, neither i can install anything nor a i delete cydia files :-(

If updated to 5.1.1 via OTA you cannot re-restore to any lower or same firmware.
It's a different ramdisk and redsn0w is not compatible with that.

Only options is leave it like this or update to 6.01

swoops

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Thanx

so hoped i misunderstand the blog info.

so it isn't. really bad :(

thanks for your answer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.