Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 28, 2012, 06:40 AM   #1
BarkingGhost
macrumors regular

iTunes library to Xbox 360

Last year I spent time ripping a bunch of CD music using iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. At the time, the only i<something> in the house was an iPad (1st gen). Then I added an iPod Nano, 27" iMac, and most recently another iPad (3rd gen).

When the iMac came into the picture, I migrated (imported) the iTunes library since this music effort was for the wife and I moved her onto OSX. About 1/3 of this music is mine, but I'd like to extract all of it so I can listen to it on the Xbox 360 while playing games.

Anyone know of a [free] way of doing this? I really do not want to have to insert every CD into the Xbox to rip it all a second time. Is there a way I could leave it on the iMac/W7 PC and somehow share the iTunes library such that the Xbox will recognize and play it?
BarkingGhost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkingGhost View Post
Last year I spent time ripping a bunch of CD music using iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. At the time, the only i<something> in the house was an iPad (1st gen). Then I added an iPod Nano, 27" iMac, and most recently another iPad (3rd gen).

When the iMac came into the picture, I migrated (imported) the iTunes library since this music effort was for the wife and I moved her onto OSX. About 1/3 of this music is mine, but I'd like to extract all of it so I can listen to it on the Xbox 360 while playing games.

Anyone know of a [free] way of doing this? I really do not want to have to insert every CD into the Xbox to rip it all a second time. Is there a way I could leave it on the iMac/W7 PC and somehow share the iTunes library such that the Xbox will recognize and play it?

its been a while since i had and xbox but im pretty sure you dont even need iTunes, just make the folder that music is stored in(on the computer) Shared and you should be able to see it if the Xbox is on the same network
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:16 PM   #3
BarkingGhost
macrumors regular

I'd rather dump the music in generic form (MP3) and simply plug that into the XBox. I think I may have found a way for iTunes to let me create a file copy in MP3 form. Haven't tried it yet, but planning on it soon.
BarkingGhost is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater