Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
Last year I spent time ripping a bunch of CD music using iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. At the time, the only i<something> in the house was an iPad (1st gen). Then I added an iPod Nano, 27" iMac, and most recently another iPad (3rd gen).

When the iMac came into the picture, I migrated (imported) the iTunes library since this music effort was for the wife and I moved her onto OSX. About 1/3 of this music is mine, but I'd like to extract all of it so I can listen to it on the Xbox 360 while playing games.

Anyone know of a [free] way of doing this? I really do not want to have to insert every CD into the Xbox to rip it all a second time. Is there a way I could leave it on the iMac/W7 PC and somehow share the iTunes library such that the Xbox will recognize and play it?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Last year I spent time ripping a bunch of CD music using iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. At the time, the only i<something> in the house was an iPad (1st gen). Then I added an iPod Nano, 27" iMac, and most recently another iPad (3rd gen).

When the iMac came into the picture, I migrated (imported) the iTunes library since this music effort was for the wife and I moved her onto OSX. About 1/3 of this music is mine, but I'd like to extract all of it so I can listen to it on the Xbox 360 while playing games.

Anyone know of a [free] way of doing this? I really do not want to have to insert every CD into the Xbox to rip it all a second time. Is there a way I could leave it on the iMac/W7 PC and somehow share the iTunes library such that the Xbox will recognize and play it?

its been a while since i had and xbox but im pretty sure you dont even need iTunes, just make the folder that music is stored in(on the computer) Shared and you should be able to see it if the Xbox is on the same network

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
I'd rather dump the music in generic form (MP3) and simply plug that into the XBox. I think I may have found a way for iTunes to let me create a file copy in MP3 form. Haven't tried it yet, but planning on it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.