Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
New to jailbreaking, in the middle of doing it for the first time to my 4S. I'm planning on getting MyWi and SBSettings. Anything else worth considering?

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Not at all.

Cool. Just finished. Backed up via USB on iTunes, jailbreaked in about 2 minutes, restoring my old content as we speak. I'll go find Cydia after I change my SSH and Passwords.

Edit: Nevermind, I read that you don't have to change the password if you don't install OpenSSH. I use LogMeIn as my remote client so I don't plan on using SSH.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Missed this thread, eh? It was hidden on the first page of this forum. Click Here.

Thanks. Reading over it now.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where can I actually download Cydia from? I found a few old packagers from ~2009

Edit:

I'm such a tard. I see it. LOL.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
- FolderEnhancer

This. I hate having a thousand pages of icons and being able to put folders inside of folders is highly convenient. It also replaces another tweak that hides the Newsstand icon and allows you to move the app inside a folder just like any other app. I'd rather not remove it entirely as I use it occasionally, but not being able to put the app in a folder by default seems rather stupid to me.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Yup, found it. This is worth jailbreaking alone.

I set my SBSettings to pop on when I press Vol + and - at the same time, I like this function a lot, I missed it after I switched from my BB.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Mine works. Now if only I can figure out how to nuke newsstand.

NoNewsIsGoodNews works great, but check out Springtomize, it has the option to hide any icons and a ton of other great tweaks for icons/dock/statusbar/lockscreen/etc.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
NoNewsIsGoodNews works great, but check out Springtomize, it has the option to hide any icons and a ton of other great tweaks for icons/dock/statusbar/lockscreen/etc.
I used to use NoNewsIsGoodNews, but prefer to let Springtomize handle it. I'd much rather be able to toggle it, since NNIGN has no options. To get it back you have to delete the tweak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.