Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I'm a little confused at the repair process and was hoping that someone else in the UK has had their iPod replaced recently. Here is what has happened so far:

1) I filled in the form online and requested a repair (iPod Photo bought in Feb this year has stopped working)
2) DHL tried to deliver but I was out
3) Stayed in yesterday morning and DHL guy called to give me a box and said "All the instructions are inside"
4) I put the iPod in the box following the instructions and put the box into the plastic envelope provided.

So now I still have the iPod and also have a shipping box and DHL express envelope. So are DHL going to come and pick it up? Do I need to call them? Can I take it to DHL myself so I don't need to stay in?

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
that's odd..

on the couple of times i've had to send things in for repair (both PB and ipod) the DHL dude has waited there while i put the item in the box and then taken it straight away.

i guess your best bet would probably be just to call and ask if you can drop it in..

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Did you buy it online then? I bought my iPod from Cancom (Apple reseller in west London) and when mine broke I simply took it back to the shop, they sent it off to be repaired, couldn't repair it (hard disk completely buggered after 5 months) and so gave me a brand new one within a week. Maybe try giving them or the Apple Store on Regent St a call to see if you can drop it in there instead.

L

Lau

I'm fairly sure you call them for them to pick it up. Although I'm sure there's no harm in asking if you can take it in when you phone them.

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
My iPod died on me a year ago. Just packed it up as per the instructions delivered by DHL, called them, arranged a time to be collected. Tracked it online while it travelled to Amsterdam to be repaired, a week later I recieved a brand new replacement. Nowt to it m8.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
To answer the questions above it was bought from Dixons Tax Free at either Heathrow or Gatwick so whilst I could take it back to the point of purchase it's not easy to. I could take it into Regent Street, but as I am not in the area I (stupidly) thought this route would be easier. I'll give DHL a call and see what the deal is...

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I did this... ring DHL up and arrange a collection date, then they will come pick it up (it's already paid for)... then dhl will send it to amsterdam it will sit there for a wee while and then they will probably send you a branny .... that's what they did with my 3rd Gen ipod... it's gone again but out of warranty booo!! time for a 20gb colour i think :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.