Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATLCarGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
The screen on my MacBook (white, 2009) flickers whenever I adjust the angle. I don't think it's the backlight because the entire image shakes and moves up and down.

I'm not sure what's causing this, and am pretty much ready to upgrade to the new MBP whenever they are released, however, I do want to get as much life out of this laptop as possible and plan on giving it to a friend when I upgrade. I do not have AppleCare on this one, but will definitely be getting it on my next.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance! :)

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
The screen on my MacBook (white, 2009) flickers whenever I adjust the angle. I don't think it's the backlight because the entire image shakes and moves up and down.

I'm not sure what's causing this, and am pretty much ready to upgrade to the new MBP whenever they are released, however, I do want to get as much life out of this laptop as possible and plan on giving it to a friend when I upgrade. I do not have AppleCare on this one, but will definitely be getting it on my next.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sounds like a cable might be loose. Look at iFixit for your model and reseat the screen cable. If you do it right apple cant tell :)

ABCellars

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
Sounds like a cable might be loose. Look at iFixit for your model and reseat the screen cable. If you do it right apple cant tell :)

If this doesn't resolve the problem then the LVDS/video cable will need replaced, it has broken internally where it passes through the hinge. The guide, for your model, on iFixit can help you with that also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.