Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jun 1, 2012, 06:40 PM   #1
ivoruest
macrumors 6502

Macbook Pro won't connect automatically WiFi

My Mac doesn't connect to my home Wifi automatically anymore. Do you know where o how do I manage to make it connect automatically again?? This began when I changed my Macs HDD (backup through Time Machine and then restore in the new one) but my old Mac was a Early 2008 Macbook Pro (non-unibody).
Is there something that is causing this problem due to the change of hardware?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2
iforbes
macrumors 6502

Try System Preferences->Network->Advance->Preferred Network (highlight current home wifi-fi (Network Name) and delete (-).

Now try to reconnect to your home wi-fi. Next, see if it connects automatically.
iforbes is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 08:03 PM   #3
ivoruest
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply! It didn't work. I goess its because of the router configuration or something. I have a Belkin router set up as access point but any of the computers connect automatically now. I'll check this and see if I can fix it.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Arelunde
macrumors Demi-God

You might have to reset your router (turn off, wait briefly, turn back on). If that doesn't help, push the "reset" button on it.

I've had a lot of problems with my wifi printer (Canon MX870) dropping the connection. Spent hours toubleshooting and, as a last resort, reset the router. All better.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 02:39 PM   #5
AdamHutchinson
macrumors newbie

Does the WiFi symbol have an "!" through it as mine did this a few months back and suddenly said that there was no hardware installed for the WiFi to be able to connect, all I did was leave it for a few hours or a day or 2 and it came back on, make sure you have not installed any virus' by mistake as this can happen easily and can affect things like this
AdamHutchinson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Peafreen
macrumors newbie

Wi-Fi Connection issue on older MacBook Pro w/Mountain Lion

Having issues w/ turning on Wi-Fi on a MacBook Pro after installing Mountain Lion on an older machine. Everything was working fine until I turned it off and restarted the machine. It can't find any wireless network. Plus when I go into System Preferences It won't even turn it on. If I connect it to ethernet for a while then it seems to refix itself until the machine is shut down and turned on again. Everything else seems to be find, software running ok, etc. Any ideas? Tx.

I'm using an Airport Extreme base station for wireless. I also just did the PRAM on start up, but thought I did that before as well. Is it an issue with Mountain Lion?

Last edited by Peafreen; Aug 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Peafreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro