Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ace08

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I have the twitter ap and want to be notified when ever two of the people I'm following tweet. How do I set that up? Thanks!

musty345

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2010
United Kingdom
The only way I know how is to click on the person's profile and then where the little head is with the dropdown arrow is, and click 'turn on mobile notifications'.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 21.26.24.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 21.26.24.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 15,637

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
The only way I know how is to click on the person's profile and then where the little head is with the dropdown arrow is, and click 'turn on mobile notifications'.

good tip didn't know this - but what does it do, send an SMS or a push notification to the app?

techkidd4400

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
You can turn on notifications in the settings app for most twitter apps. This works fine for informing you of updates to your twitter timeline on an iPhone or ipad with a data connection. The mobile notification that Musty referred to works by sending you text message on your iphone. If the people you are following tweet a lot, then the text messages may become annoying AND they count against your monthly texting plan unless you have unlimited texts.

I recommend using the notifications feature in the settings app of the iphone and selecting the twitter app you have installed; turn notifications on and select your alert style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.