Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
So I went to plug the Ac adapter into my MacBook and the magnet part that sticks into it came off. Is there a place that I can order just the cord and not the whole kit and kaboodle? The wall plug part is fine and I don't want to she'll out $80 for an adapter that is half okay.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
So I went to plug the Ac adapter into my MacBook and the magnet part that sticks into it came off. Is there a place that I can order just the cord and not the whole kit and kaboodle? The wall plug part is fine and I don't want to she'll out $80 for an adapter that is half okay.

You could try eBay. Apple would make you buy the whole charger not just the wall plug, unfortunately.

Braniff747SP

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Los Angeles, California, USA

I've had my chargers fail, and I did not want to pay $80 either-you can get refurbished ones on eBay, with a 90 warranty, for $35. It's worked great for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.