Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1
gd6
macrumors member

iphone 4 not recognizing certain secure wifi connections

I have a iphone 4 here, it won't see some wifi connections. They are secured WPA2 just like some other ones that it will see. I've seen two other iphone 4's do this as well in the past (I fix them for friends and such). I have 3 AP's here, it will see 2 out of the 3, all secured via WPA2. If I shut off the security on the one router, it will see it and connect to it. Other iphones tested see all 3 connection points.

Anyone have this problem before? Any way to fix it? I tried installing a different wifi antenna and it didn't change anything. A restore doesn't help...I'm guessing its a certain hardware config that has this specific problem...but thats only a guess.
gd6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting