|Jun 3, 2012, 04:28 AM||#1|
Is Virtua Tennis Challenge any good?
I've been wanting to purchase this game for my iPad since it came out. I keep saying to myself that okay this time I'm going to download it, I click on the game and then I start reading the reviews and I end up not downloading it. There are some positive reviews but others say that it's slow and choppy. For those who have it, what do you think.
|Jun 4, 2012, 06:10 PM||#2|
Mac Pro • Mac Mini
Macbook Pro • Ipad 3 64gb • iPhone 4S 64gb
iTouch 8gb • iPod Classic 160gb • Nano 8gb • Shuffle 4gb • Shuffle 2gb • Apple TV
|Jul 26, 2012, 09:25 AM||#3|
A few cons:
- No female characters, you can play only male.
- All the players names and the tournaments names have been changed. Like Roger Federer becomes Marco Stocker. Nadal is Fernando Sanchez. The US Open is called US Super Tennis, and so on. I guess they were too cheap to pay a few bucks in copyrights.
- Your opponents never double faults, and never hit the ball outside the lines (no outs) while you will occasionally, if you aren't careful. All this takes away that feeling of playing a real game.
- This one is a cons but to some it can be a pros. You can get the achievements easily by changing the length of a game. For instance, you can select a match to be 1 set long with only 3 games (if you win all 3 of them). This helps getting your achievements way faster; kind of a cheat.
- You can't save a game in progress. Thus, if you set up a match to last up to 5 sets (including 6 games to win a set, or tie breaks) be ready to commit to the entire match.
Other than that, the game is very fluent; once you understand the mechanics is pretty fun to play. An entire season last 18 days (it has a calendar with the upcoming events). You cannot play the Masters or Grand Slams as you wish, you have to follow the calendar; to some people this could be another cons, I don't mind it though.
I hope all this helped.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|All iPads: The iPad challenge! [CHALLENGE OVER]||TechGod||iPad||56||Apr 5, 2014 04:00 AM|
|OS-neutral: Chuck's Challenge 3D: Chip's Challenge Reborn||N19h7m4r3||Mac and PC Games||1||Mar 2, 2014 02:18 PM|
|First Person Tennis||eron198200||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||33||Apr 17, 2013 10:27 AM|
|First Person Tennis||eron198200||iPad Apps||13||Apr 13, 2013 02:31 AM|
|which is best tennis app?||msarway||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||3||Oct 24, 2012 08:31 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.