Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Interesting thing I stumbled upon just now with MLB at Bat and Location Spoofer.

I live about a 10min drive away from AT&T Park, the home of my San Francisco Giants, so all the Giants games are Blackedout on the MLB at Bat App in my area. I get around that by using Location Spoofer and it works like a charm, I just drop a pin somewhere in Alaska.

But just for Yucks, in Loaction Spoofer I zoomed into AT&T Park and dropped a pin right in Center Field. And guess whay? NO BLACKOUT!!!

WHAT THE HELL?!?

If I was at the actually game, I wouldn't have to use MLB at Bat.

Just found that kinda odd.

Last edited:

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008
California
works with AV Adapter?

I too have MLB.tv working with my local team (A's) anytime, anywhere, using Location Spoofer. Blackouts being an insane policy, it's a freakin GODSEND! I just set my location somewhere in Africa and BAM, no blackouts! (Wish you could do this on AppleTV):rolleyes:

Can you or anyone else confirm whether or not Apple's HDMI Adapter works in putting your feed onto your HDTV?

I know Netflix works, but I've heard mixed reports that MLB.tv won't allow you to stream through the adapter.

Anyone know?

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Interesting thing I stumbled upon just now with MLB at Bat and Location Spoofer.

I live about a 10min drive away from AT&T Park, the home of my San Francisco Giants, so all the Giants games are Blackedout on the MLB at Bat App in my area. I get around that by using Location Spoofer and it works like a charm, I just drop a pin somewhere in Alaska.

But just for Yucks, in Loaction Spoofer I zoomed into AT&T Park and dropped a pin right in Center Field. And guess whay? NO BLACKOUT!!!

WHAT THE HELL?!?

If I was at the actually game, I wouldn't have to use MLB at Bat.

Just found that kinda odd.
I didn't think the At Bat app had blackouts, just the MTB TV service.

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008
California
I didn't think the At Bat app had blackouts, just the MTB TV service.

The app definitely DOES have blackouts, in spite of an MLB.tv Premium subscription. It's so asinine that if you live in Hawaii of all places, you get blacked out for every west coast team. Internationally there are no blackouts, however.

BUT of course, the beauty of MLB on iOS is that you can jailbreak, install Location Spoofer from Cydia, set your location somewhere internationally, and watch all the baseball you want (provided you've bought the MLB.tv Premium subscription)

Unfortunately, AppleTV uses your IP address to determine your location so unless you set up a complicated VPN via your router, you're screwed.

Which is why I'm trying to find out if I can use the HDMI adapter for iPhone / iPad to get my MLB.tv through my phone and put it up on my HDTV. Like I said, Netflix works, but I've read where MLB at Bat blocks usage through the adapter form some sources, and that it works fine in others.

Can anyone confirm they use MLB at Bat this way?

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Does anyone know if Location Spoofer works with NBA League Pass to bypass the local market blackout......or does it only work with MLB @ Bat???

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't have the video At Bat app package, but I'm able to stream the free game of the day and use my component video adapter to the TV. No jailbreak tweak needed.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Do any of the pin-drop spoofers work on an iPhone 5\iOS 6? I have been reading up on them and none seem to.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.