Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I bought a 2011 refurbed MacBook Pro a few weeks ago.
Lately I've been looking and thinking about the new version.

I know WWDC is 6 days away and I figured *IF* the new MacBook Pro is announced and I deem the upgrade worth an extra 200 or so dollars I'd just return my refurb and buy it.

Looking at Apple's website I noticed today is my last day of eligibility for a return.

So I went ahead and started one, it says I have until June 18th.
Does that mean I have to ship it by June 18th, or it has to be at Apple by then?

Also if the new MBP is just another minor spec bump, I can cancel the return, correct?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It has to be with Apple on that date...Don't take chances, return it early, then you can order up your new one a couple of days later. We are all flying blind as usual on exactly what the refresh is going to be, but if you are going to do it, get in early.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Does that mean I have to ship it by June 18th, or it has to be at Apple by then?
I'd return it now, don't play with fire, you liable to get burned if you defer shipping it out.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Agreed on the don't hold onto it. Not only transportation, but it may take a couple of days for Apple to enter it into their system as received.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
I bought a 2011 refurbed MacBook Pro a few weeks ago.
Lately I've been looking and thinking about the new version.

I know WWDC is 6 days away and I figured *IF* the new MacBook Pro is announced and I deem the upgrade worth an extra 200 or so dollars I'd just return my refurb and buy it.

Looking at Apple's website I noticed today is my last day of eligibility for a return.

Also if the new MBP is just another minor spec bump, I can cancel the return, correct?

Don't know what you have but read this Purported 13" MacBook Pro specs show USB 3.0, Ivy Bridge, no Retina display http://www.appleinsider.com/article...show_usb_30_ivy_bridge_no_retina_display.html

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL

DrKockter

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
why did u even bother buying it if u knew something may be anoucned not to long after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.