Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 5, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1
teachelr
macrumors newbie

waiting for app store to download mac os x server add on

I am trying to upgrade 10.6.8 to 10.7 os on an xserve. I have all the requirements for the server. I downloaded lion and lion server. I am trying to install lion first as the directions say and I get the message waiting for app store to download mac os x server Add on. the app store has nothing that I can find and no download starts. If I hit cancel, I can't get the software installed. Help. Is there a work around? or what do I need to do? thanks in advance.
teachelr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 04:27 PM   #2
teachelr
macrumors newbie

go it!

the apps all have to be in the same folder. dahhh
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:36 PM   #3
teachelr
macrumors newbie

Not again

Well it did not work.. it is now needing to download the app from the app store. I have them both in the same folder, and it starts to install, it says an error has occurred when it tries to restart? ARGGGGGG

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking