Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMR110

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Hi, back in November my charger finally bit the dust. I put off getting another for months thinking there would be no issues buying a new one. Yesterday I finally went out and bought a new charger. The people at the store told me that the newest L-shaped chargers probably wouldn't work with my old 2008 laptop. They said this was because the new chargers only work with Snow Leopard and I apparently have Leopard. I WAS FURIOUS. I called Apple to see if this was true, and the guy on the phone told me that all the information he gathered suggested that the charger would work. So I bought the charger, plugged it into my laptop, and only a dim green light is showing on the charger. I've tried a number of things to get it to work including : cleaning the connection with alcohol and qtips, trying to turn on the laptop without the battery, and resetting the SMC. How do I get it to work?! Has anybody had the same issue? Please help! I'm so bummed :(

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
My wife's 2008 MBP came with the "T" connector, we replaced it with a new supply with the "L" connector (the cat chewed the cable) and it works fine. Are you using a Speck shell? I did need to file her Speck shell behind the power connector so the "L" connector could attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.