Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:00 PM   #1
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Adding a slide with text to iMovie

I am trying to create a slideshow for a wedding on short notice here, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to add a slide with text between pictures. I can add to the beginning or the end, I can put text in an existing picture, but how do I add a slide with text between 2 existing pictures?

While I'm asking, is there any premade templates I can just edit the text and add my own pics to for this?
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Babybandit
macrumors regular

If you can add text onto an existing picture. Perhaps one solution is to get a plain black picture and put text over that? I'm not proficient with iMovie, butů It would sound feasible. Does it not offer a Text Slug? Odd.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:36 PM   #3
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybandit View Post
If you can add text onto an existing picture. Perhaps one solution is to get a plain black picture and put text over that? I'm not proficient with iMovie, butů It would sound feasible. Does it not offer a Text Slug? Odd.
It probably does allow a Text Slug, I just don't know how. But I did figure out how to insert a slide, so I will use the plain pic and that will work fine. Now I am trying to figure out how(or if) I can rearrange slides after they are all in the project. I wish I was asked about 2 weeks ago to do this.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:50 PM   #4
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

I created an all black png file with photoshop, I inserted it in between 2 pics in iMovie and added text to it, but when I play the slideshow it doesn't display the black pic with the text. The sounds keeps playing, but it just keeps the previous picture displayed for the 3 seconds it should be showing the black pic with the text.

When I mouse over it, its shows up, just not when I hit play to preview it.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Why not use a Titles slide from within iMovie?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 02:55 PM   #6
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Why not use a Titles slide from within iMovie?
I think thats what I am trying to do, I just don't know how. Its funny you just replied, because I just started working on it again.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Click on the Titles button, and then just drag one into your Project. Drop it between clips, when you get a green bar, for a coloured/textured background.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 PM   #8
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Click on the Titles button, and then just drag one into your Project. Drop it between clips, when you get a green bar, for a coloured/textured background.
Thanks. I'm not sure why, but when I was trying it out it wouldn't add anything like that. But after I started a new project it works. I figured it had to of been easier than I was making it.

I'm pretty far along now, it actually looks nice. I'm just searching for ways now to add to it and make it as special as I can.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video