Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlphoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Okay, here goes. I bought a 3gs on eBay. It has a bad lcd. I knew that going in. It is recognized by iTunes and it charges just fine. When I shut the phone off the slider pops up and that works as well. I have had it open and the water damage indicators are still white. So no water damage.

Basically the deal is I have 14 days to return it and I'm trying to find out if I should be able to fix it before that time runs out. This is my first iPhone and all I know about them I have learned online. So something that is obvious to others may not be to me. My intention is to use it with Straight Talk. Also there is no sim card. Is there anything I can do or check to figure out if this is fixable before I start buying parts?

One last thing I plugged it in to the iPhone configuration utility and "kAMDMissingPairRecord" popped up. I have not been able to find out what that means. Any help with any of this will be greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.