Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I made a topic a cople days ago with some freezing problems. Now the iPod isn't even recognized on my iTunes. The Disk Utility shows up, and I don't know what to do with that. I hit repair, and one disk was repaired but another couldn't be repaired. I don't know what this means. Should I bring in my Pod to the Apple Store?

iminimac

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2005
if you have tried resetting and restoring (or if you cant) then i would take it to the apple store

The Truth

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2005
at my wits end (in Australia)
It's probably a software problem which can be fixed with a restore. Get the latest restorer from Apple.com. If it doesn't help, and it still under warranty then you should let Apple know and they will be kind to you. ;)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I've updated and restored several times...checked the trouble shooting. It's a 4g 40GB about a yr old. This is the first time I've had problems with it. UGHH, you think it needs to be serviced?

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Oh wow, I just checked my reciept and my warranty is "effective through July 22nd" That's good to see.

I tried runnin the update, last night and it wouldn't even recognize the iPod, and I tried today, and it stopped half way and had to force quit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.