Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:02 AM   #1
Blakjack
macrumors 65816

TechCrunch's article on Android and Eric Schmidt

Six months ago Eric Schmidt gave us something to look forward to. Can't say it was a promise, but his comments really make Android look rather silly today.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/06/sev...t-one-percent/
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:16 AM   #2
ChazUK
macrumors 603

The ICS situation just solidifies my choice to buy Nexus devices. I recently picked up a Nexus S again to use alongside my Galaxy Nexus and both handsets are fantastic running the OS.

Consumers that care about operating system versions really need to stop buying these heavily modified phones.

As for apps, I can't say anything that I need is missing form the platform.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:21 AM   #3
matttye
macrumors 601

Yeah that was a pretty ambitious statement to make. Being able to force apps to use the "Holo theme" is a step in the right direction but Google needs to do more to entice developers.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
The ICS situation just solidifies my choice to buy Nexus devices. I recently picked up a Nexus S again to use alongside my Galaxy Nexus and both handsets are fantastic running the OS.

Consumers that care about operating system versions really need to stop buying these heavily modified phones.

As for apps, I can't say anything that I need is missing form the platform.
Me neither. iOS may have more and it may beat Android in terms of getting apps first, but there's nothing on my iPad that I can't get on my SGS3.
matttye is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices