Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
I spent over an hour on imovie trying to figure the thing out, for whatever reason it will not import my video in mpeg-4 format that I downloaded from youtube as a .fvi and then converted to mpeg-4.

If I give someone the mpeg-4 video or even the link to the youtube video and the song (.mp3), could someone please be so kind as to just play the song over the video's audio and have it fade out when the video ends? :confused:

I hate asking this but is seems simple, yet I cannot even get the mpeg-4 into imovie.

I am running Snow Leopard.

Please let me know and Thanks!

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfYm4_k4S4

I would like to start my project video at 0:06 and end it at 2:51 of the video above from YouTube.

Audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3METMAHEnvk

I would like the above song to be played over the video, starting at the same time as the video and then with it fading out from 2:44 - 2:51.

*I have the video .mp3 if it helps to make things easier.

Again, I feel bad asking but if anyone can do me a favour with this, he is my favourite bodybuilder and just announced he is coming back this year and I wanted to make a video for it.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I spent over an hour on imovie trying to figure the thing out, for whatever reason it will not import my video in mpeg-4 format that I downloaded from youtube as a .fvi and then converted to mpeg-4.

If I give someone the mpeg-4 video or even the link to the youtube video and the song (.mp3), could someone please be so kind as to just play the song over the video's audio and have it fade out when the video ends? :confused:

I hate asking this but is seems simple, yet I cannot even get the mpeg-4 into imovie.

I am running Snow Leopard.

Please let me know and Thanks!

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfYm4_k4S4

I would like to start my project video at 0:06 and end it at 2:51 of the video above from YouTube.

Audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3METMAHEnvk

I would like the above song to be played over the video, starting at the same time as the video and then with it fading out from 2:44 - 2:51.

*I have the video .mp3 if it helps to make things easier.

Again, I feel bad asking but if anyone can do me a favour with this, he is my favourite bodybuilder and just announced he is coming back this year and I wanted to make a video for it.

When you converted the movie, does it show up as an iTunes protected file type? And which application did you use to convert it? I had the same issue she trying to make videos by combining clips and it was always the protected ones that didn't import. I would recommend trying to re-convert it into a basic .mp4 and then trying again.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
When you converted the movie, does it show up as an iTunes protected file type? And which application did you use to convert it? I had the same issue she trying to make videos by combining clips and it was always the protected ones that didn't import. I would recommend trying to re-convert it into a basic .mp4 and then trying again.
Just to add to your advice. I would recommend OP trying ClipGrab to MPEG-4 and drag both of them into imovie. ClipGrab gave me no problems with imovie.
If all works: Put 1st video in project, then 2nd video(audio part wanted), as a cutaway, detach audio and R/click>delete video portion of that cutaway.
Adjust the time and fade out in it's Audio Adjustment inspector. (not saying OP did/didn't know this part.)
Get Info
What most of my audio that comes from that is AAC codec or if i went his first initial convert, mine seems to work with MPEG-1....or, 2. if this is any help.
Cheers..

ml.sail1

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also, if you wanted to you could just directly download the mp4 version of the video off of youtube. I use the pwnyoutube bookmark which works pretty great. Basically, once you have the bookmark, all you have to do is click on it while you are on the youtube video you want to download, looking something like this:

To get it just go here and bookmark the link

Attachments

• Youtube.png
    Youtube.png
    748.2 KB · Views: 69

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Open you video with MPEGStreamclip, and then Export To Quicktime using the Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) setting, which is the format that iMovie uses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.