Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
So, with the 2012s likely to be out in a few days I'm looking at selling my trusty old '08 and replacing it. Trouble is, I'm really not quite sure what to price it at on eBay, given the upped memory and graphics.

So help me out guys, what should I reasonably expect to sell this at?

2008 MP
8 core 2.8, 10GB memory
5770 1GB (apple model) + GT120 512GB (also apple model - maybe sell one of these seperately...)
I'd sell it with 1x1TB WD Black likely

(oh hey, if the mods don't mind this comment, if anyone is in the NY area and wants to make me an offer, feel free to PM me, if the mods do, tell me and I'll kill this...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Ok start the calculator.

Based 2008 ~$1200
Ram ~$100
5770 apple ~$170

That all!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
There seem to be a lot of threads in here in pricing. The Marketplace forum (further down the list) is the best place to post for pricing advice. It is also where you post available for sale once you determine your price. Mods won't have any issue with you posting there. I think there is a 100 post minimum requirement to post in the Marketplace just to make sure people don't join just so they can post stuff for sale.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
There seem to be a lot of threads in here in pricing. The Marketplace forum (further down the list) is the best place to post for pricing advice. It is also where you post available for sale once you determine your price. Mods won't have any issue with you posting there. I think there is a 100 post minimum requirement to post in the Marketplace just to make sure people don't join just so they can post stuff for sale.

Thanks, you're right, I'd forgotten about that section.

I'm definitely over the 100 post limit, so I'll toss a post up over there!

SpinThis!

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Inside the Machine (Green Bay, WI)
Don't ask for advice—just go to ebay and use the completed listings search see what similar items have sold for.

In my experience, starting low is usually your best option since you'll attract more bidders which gets them into a bidding war usually. A reserve is up to you but you'll notice the ones that have sold for higher pricing usually started lower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.