Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jun 8, 2012, 06:43 AM   #1
Yasic
macrumors member

Retrieve email account password from iPhone?

This must sound fishy but I have an email account on my iPhone and i forgot the password, shouldn't be a problem but the provider doesn't have a forgot password function (https://webmail.pt.lu) and they only send out the pw on paper, not even e reset function to the email.

So i need this password on this weekend to log me in to subscibe to one of the provider's services, Monday is when the letter will arrive but that's too late. I have extracted the plist files and all but it seems the pw part in these files is always encrypted.

Does someone know a way to get to the passwords on the phone or from a backup. I just need it
Yasic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 08:39 AM   #2
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasic View Post
This must sound fishy but I have an email account on my iPhone and i forgot the password, shouldn't be a problem but the provider doesn't have a forgot password function (https://webmail.pt.lu) and they only send out the pw on paper, not even e reset function to the email.

So i need this password on this weekend to log me in to subscibe to one of the provider's services, Monday is when the letter will arrive but that's too late. I have extracted the plist files and all but it seems the pw part in these files is always encrypted.

Does someone know a way to get to the passwords on the phone or from a backup. I just need it
Not to my knowledge. Frankly, I'm glad that it is difficult to impossible to do... The best route is always to go through the provider - even though it sounds like this one makes it somewhat inconvenient...

iP4S (16GB) | 5.1.1 stock firmware
ZCherub is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Tags
account, backup, email, iphone, password