Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
I'm having another problem with my iPod w/colour screen. When I play a song I've bought from the iTMS, it gives the name, artist and album, with the album art to the left of the info, but if it's a song I've ripped from one of my CDs, then it only shows the artist, album and song name, no pictures :( . I've tried adding the album art to the songs from iTunes by pressing the little arrow at the bottom left of the window, and the picture of the album shows in iTunes, but not on the iPod. Anyone got any ideas?

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
Jacksteruk309 said:
I've tried adding the album art to the songs from iTunes by pressing the little arrow at the bottom left of the window, and the picture of the album shows in iTunes, but not on the iPod. Anyone got any ideas?

Don't know which arrow you mean -- the way to add artwork is to find the picture somewhere (Amazon, Allmusic, etc.) and then drag it into the cover artwork box, having first highlighted the track in iTunes.

As far as I know, CD files do not contain the cover art.

Once it's in iTunes, it will go to your iPod the next time you sync.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
yeah, I know, I was talking about the arrow you click to bring up the artwork box. Anyway, I know that CDs dont have artwork, I've dragged the artwork to the box from the internet and the pictures for the CDs shows up in iTunes, but they dont show up on the iPod

EDIT: might it be something to do with the pic's resoloution? what res. is the album art from iTMS?

Studawg7

macrumors regular
May 15, 2004
Cville, VA
it should just sync

if you put album art on a song its only for that song and not the whole album. get a program called "clutter". it finds the album art and then you can apply the pic to the whole album so each song has the same art. i use it all the time and have all the covers to all my ripped albums. with each sync your ipod will get the art for each song. i have a 40gb photo and no problems with this at all. Hope this helps.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
I vote for the Fetch Art iTunes plugin. Its free and easy.

I would have thought display on an iPod screen would be fairly resolution independant, as the iPods only got a small colour screen hasnt it. Very strange. Maybe worth a mention over at iPodLounge

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
OK, I'll give clutter and fetch art a try

Yep, Fetch Art has done the trick, thanks!

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
Before you dabble with these programs...

....have you done what it says on pp18-19 of the manual?:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_User_Guide_(color_display).pdf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.