Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1
mgs6876
macrumors newbie

Google Docs

I am trying to find a good application (That is hopefully free) that I can use to create, edit and view Google Documents. For my work, I use multiple google docs and this would make everything a lot easier.
mgs6876 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:51 AM   #2
macbookflasher
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to macbookflasher
Google Docs

Did you tried android store?
macbookflasher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 09:06 AM   #3
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs6876 View Post
I am trying to find a good application (That is hopefully free) that I can use to create, edit and view Google Documents. For my work, I use multiple google docs and this would make everything a lot easier.
I use Google Docs daily from both my iPhone & iPad. It's very easy with a newly updated (just a few days ago) App that works on both iPhone & iPad. Made by Google it's simply called "Google Search".

A bit of a misnomer, as it's a full featured brilliantly simple & attractive. It has a button for Google Apps. That takes you to docs, calendar, tasks, reader, etc.

I'm so pleased with this app I use it constantly. Youll love it. Just go to the app store & grab it for free.

Google doubles the usefulness of iPhones & iPads, they have truly brilliant, well designed apps.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:24 AM   #4
wadjj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
I use Google Docs daily from both my iPhone & iPad. It's very easy with a newly updated (just a few days ago) App that works on both iPhone & iPad. Made by Google it's simply called "Google Search".

A bit of a misnomer, as it's a full featured brilliantly simple & attractive. It has a button for Google Apps. That takes you to docs, calendar, tasks, reader, etc.

I'm so pleased with this app I use it constantly. Youll love it. Just go to the app store & grab it for free.

Google doubles the usefulness of iPhones & iPads, they have truly brilliant, well designed apps.
If I remember correctly, using it is no different from opening the mobile webpage in safari?
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:11 AM   #5
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
If I remember correctly, using it is no different from opening the mobile webpage in safari?
The key to the new Google Search app is that it has a launcher for all the various google apps. Therefore it's a fast and elegant way to get to docs, calendar, tasks or whatever you want quickly. I use iCab set to the desktop version of Safari, so via the iPad it's the same experience as on my MBA or MBP. I don't care for mobile versions of web sites.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 09:25 PM   #6
wadjj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
The key to the new Google Search app is that it has a launcher for all the various google apps. Therefore it's a fast and elegant way to get to docs, calendar, tasks or whatever you want quickly. I use iCab set to the desktop version of Safari, so via the iPad it's the same experience as on my MBA or MBP. I don't care for mobile versions of web sites.
You can switch to desktop version in safari. And you can make that page a button in home screen like an app. That's faster than launching the google search app, I find that app pretty useless.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps