Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Hey guys
I've had my iPhone 4S (5.1.1) for around 3 months now and it's been working perfectly fine.But about an hour ago,it suddenly lost the connection to my home's wifi network and refuses to connect again(gives me the "can not join network error").I tried turning the phone on and off a few times.
Also tried resetting the network settings and it didn't help either so I restore it but unfortunately that didn't help.
My iPad and my dad's iPhone 4 connect seamlessly to the network BTW,so it's not a problem with my modem.

Any ideas ?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey guys
I've had my iPhone 4S (5.1.1) for around 3 months now and it's been working perfectly fine.But about an hour ago,it suddenly lost the connection to my home's wifi network and refuses to connect again(gives me the "can not join network error").I tried turning the phone on and off a few times.
Also tried resetting the network settings and it didn't help either so I restore it but unfortunately that didn't help.
My iPad and my dad's iPhone 4 connect seamlessly to the network BTW,so it's not a problem with my modem.

Any ideas ?

Was the home network name (SSID) changed or the pass code/phrase to access it been changed?!

Just read the updated reply's and this could still be the issue.
Check the router to see if MAC filtering was enabled, or refresh dns on the router.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I currently have no access to any other Wifi but as I said,my father's iPhone 4,my iPad/notebook all connect and work fine.
And the modem firmware is updated(latest version)

----------

Was the home network name (SSID) changed or the pass code/phrase to access it been changed?!

Just read the updated reply's and this could still be the issue.
Check the router to see if MAC filtering was enabled, or refresh dns on the router.

Nope,nothing has been changed.
Will check those settings and it they made any difference,I'll report back.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
OK I don't know how but it's working again(I didn't do anything lol)

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
If you did/checked all that, and other products like iPhones/iPad/computer etc are connecting fine, could be the wifi cable on the fritz. I've replaced it before (not on the 4S though).

Edit- nevermind lol, was pry just a random glitch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.