Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WWDC Releases New Mac Pro

• Total voters

tony3d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
How many people really believe there will be a new Mac Pro Monday? I'm counting on it.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Considering we actually have leaked part numbers and prices from multiple sources I think we could be justifiably surprised if it isn't updated.

tony3d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Considering we actually have leaked part numbers and prices from multiple sources I think we could be justifiably surprised if it isn't updated.

Somebody somewhere here recently posted the same scenario with a list of part numbers that turned out to be false. That's whyi'm asking.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Somebody somewhere here recently posted the same scenario with a list of part numbers that turned out to be false. That's whyi'm asking.

I'm 90% confident that those old part numbers were correct, but ended up being for new Minis rather than new Pros. This time around we have prices too, which would certainly be very expensive Minis :)

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Duh.

Are we really still doing this? The part numbers exactly (and only) match up to a Pro line, and there have been multiple confirmations.

24Frames

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
Duh.

Are we really still doing this? The part numbers exactly (and only) match up to a Pro line, and there have been multiple confirmations.

Everything on the web is copied and repeated ad nauseam.
Several people have been busy in Photoshop...
We saw part numbers last July, and look how useful they were!

Having said all that, it seems highly likely that they will be announced on Monday. Whether you will be able to get one by Tuesday / Wednesday is another matter.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Everything on the web is copied and repeated ad nauseam.
Several people have been busy in Photoshop...
We saw part numbers last July, and look how useful they were!

Having said all that, it seems highly likely that they will be announced on Monday. Whether you will be able to get one by Tuesday / Wednesday is another matter.

Except this time we have part numbers and prices, and the only $5k machine Apple makes is the Mac Pro... It's not really the same thing.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
All I know is that I've seriously got my hopes up now because of all the latest, and let's face it, more believable rumours than we've had for the last two years. I'll be really disappointed if nothing happens. If there's no announcement in the keynote (and that's perfectly possible, even if updates are on the way soon after) then my stress levels may increase too much than is healthy :eek:

Come ON Apple - take my money damn you!

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
They need to address this and they need to address this fast, period. I think we will know Monday. If they don't take advantage of this timing and make a big splash, their marketing genius needs to be fired.

macuser453787

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2012
Galatians 3:13-14
They need to address this and they need to address this fast, period.

Indeed. Regardless of their long silence, I think that Apple knows this, and that they know that it's in their best interest in the long run - hence the recently leaked part numbers, if they are genuine (and I tend to think that they are). And if they are genuine, then it's possible that the leak was not an accident, but rather it could have been an unofficial but precisely timed "wink" from Apple as it were. Hmmmm. :)

Darien Red Sox

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
CT, USA
Maybe the question needed to be more specific. When will it be available for purchase on-line and when will they announce it? Could be a day lag there.

Lots of questions like this, will it even be announced or just a quite releace with a New badge added in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.