Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I have been using the iPodTouch and Mac for years. I bought the Galaxy Note few days ago.

I connected my Galaxy Note to the Mac using an USB cable. Then, I used doubleTwrist to copy the music files to the Note. After the transfer, my music files got all messed up when displayed on the Note. (Perhaps I did not do a good job in organizing the files under iTunes right at the beginning.) I want to do a fresh start. Could you please let me know the following:

1. What is the best way to delete all the music files from my Note?
There are hundreds of them. I do want to keep the good music files
originally installed by Samsung.

2. Is doubleTwrist actually the best app to transfer music files from the Mac to the Note? What other suggestions do you have?

3. In order to avoid messing up the files again, should I just copy the playlist from iTunes to the Note alone?

I am not familiar with iTunes also. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You're asking help for an android phone on an apple fan site. My first recommendation is to find some android forums for support. While there are people here that own android devices, you may get more exposure and help in an android forum

Secondly I'm not sure what you mean by iTunes match got messed up because iTunes match is apple devices, not android. I'm not sure how it would or wouldn't work for android.

Doubletwist is the most popular music syncing app but I never had any luck syncing my music with it. The app always failed to sync some playlists or musics. Admittedly that was a a year or so ago. I've since moved back to the iPhone.

Last edited:

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
You're asking help for an android phone on an apple fan site. My first recommendation is to find some android forums for support. While there are people here that own android devices, you may get more exposure and help in an android forum

Secondly I'm not sure what you mean by iTunes match got messed up because iTunes match is apple devices, not android. I'm not sure how it would or wouldn't work for android.

Doubletwist is the most popular music syncing app but I never had any luck syncing my music with it. The app always failed to sync some playlists or musics. Admittedly that was a a year or so ago. I've since moved back to the iPhone.

Thanks for your advice. I have tried two Android forums already. Unfortunately, there has been no reply. I guess they don't use iTunes. I know that there are some mac users who own an Android phone. I also think that my iTunes music files on my MBP and iPodTouch got messed up. That is why I posted on an apple fan site to fix the problems on both my Apple products and the android phone.

Here are a few issues I am having:

1. On my MBP and iPodTouch, under Music, I often see repeated names. For example:

a) Song-Tom Laurie listed after another Song-Tom Laurie
b) 8 copies of Track01, 7 copies of Track02, 5 copies of Track03, etc.
c) "Audio Book" followed by "Audio Book1"

Do you know the reason? I probably did not store the music files correctly.

2. On my MBP and iPodTouch, there is a playlist. I don't find it on my Android phone.

Thanks.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
you mean you got duplicate files on itunes or just on you idevice and note?

all.

I think the duplicated files might be due to the possibility that different CDs contain the same songs. What do you think?

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Hello, I have been using the iPodTouch and Mac for years. I bought the Galaxy Note few days ago.

I connected my Galaxy Note to the Mac using an USB cable. Then, I used doubleTwrist to copy the music files to the Note. After the transfer, my music files got all messed up when displayed on the Note. (Perhaps I did not do a good job in organizing the files under iTunes right at the beginning.) I want to do a fresh start. Could you please let me know the following:

1. What is the best way to delete all the music files from my Note?
There are hundreds of them. I do want to keep the good music files
originally installed by Samsung.

2. Is doubleTwrist actually the best app to transfer music files from the Mac to the Note? What other suggestions do you have?

3. In order to avoid messing up the files again, should I just copy the playlist from iTunes to the Note alone?

I am not familiar with iTunes also. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
1. Factory reset the phone. Wipe all settings and data on it. It's not like there's anything you need from it anyway.

2. Can't you just drag and drop?

3. Manual sync with Android.

zer0lol

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
set itunes to show the duplicates,so click the file and than show duplicates only, and delete the double ones, not both always keep one.

as for android there is a app now to sync you phone with itunes but i dont know how well that works... good luck anyway :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.