Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
I've just put Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds onto iTunes! I've updated my iPod but found its in Music>Artists, how can I put it into Music>Audiobooks?

Is it even possible to do this?

phanofwclark

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2005
What do you mean you put it on iTunes? Your iTunes library or uploaded to the iTMS?

Anyways, I don't know how to categorize something as an audiobook, as i have never downloaded one from the iTMS, nor do I know whether you can make it an audiobook without having bought it from the iTMS. I would try making the Genre audiobook or something, and see if that works... But I honestly have no idea.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
I don't think this is possible. Only audiobooks purchased from the iTMS or audible.com get placed in the audiobooks sub-menu. Audiobooks ripped from cd's do not.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
mauly said:
Cool, how do I change the format AAC?
Go to preferences and on the 'importing' tab make sure the format is set to AAC. Then right click (this is for the PC) on the files you want to make AAC and select 'convert selection to AAC'.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
timmyb said:
Go to preferences and on the 'importing' tab make sure the format is set to AAC. Then right click (this is for the PC) on the files you want to make AAC and select 'convert selection to AAC'.

Anyone know the Mac way?

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
taeclee99 said:
The "Mac Way" is exactly like the way specified in the previous post, except that the preferences is located under the "Itunes" menu.

? Its already set to Import Using: AAC Encoder!!!

have replaced the A with a B! but its still the same!

stevegt87

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2005
Florida
On a mac, you need to change the hidden type and creator info not just the extension. I use a program called "quick change" and the type is "M4B " and creator is "hook" (note the space after the "M4B ".

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
stevegt87 said:
On a mac, you need to change the hidden type and creator info not just the extension. I use a program called "quick change" and the type is "M4B " and creator is "hook" (note the space after the "M4B ".

I've manually changed the m4a to m4b for each track by bringing up the war of the worlds folder that way! So are you saying I have to add a blank space affter m4b?

I've just downloaded a free audiobook, have just looked at the folder and it instead of m4b its .aa! why?

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
I changed mine from m4a to m4b a while back and had no problems at all. I would still prefer to be able to add chapter markings too though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.