Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1
animatedude
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
how to unlock password protected RAR file?

is there any MAC version that can unlock password protected RAR files?
animatedude is offline   0
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:56 PM   #2
LaWally
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedude View Post
is there any MAC version that can unlock password protected RAR files?
UnRarX.

http://www.unrarx.com/index.html

Check the FAQ to find out about password protected RARs.
LaWally is offline   0
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:43 AM   #3
animatedude
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWally View Post
UnRarX.

http://www.unrarx.com/index.html

Check the FAQ to find out about password protected RARs.

does it unlock password protected files? i don't know what's the password for the file i'm using.
animatedude is offline   -2
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:44 AM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603
 
blueroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedude View Post
does it unlock password protected files? i don't know what's the password for the file i'm using.
Why not?
__________________
My iOS devices are not jailbroken.
Bill
My Blog
blueroom is offline   2
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:48 AM   #5
pismobrat
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am going to try not to flame you, but come on...

If you don't know the password, you can't get in. You can try to brute force it with a rar password decryptor.

Ask the person for the password if you need it, if they don't give it... c'est la vie.
pismobrat is offline   1
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 AM   #6
animatedude
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pismobrat View Post
I am going to try not to flame you, but come on...

If you don't know the password, you can't get in. You can try to brute force it with a rar password decryptor.

Ask the person for the password if you need it, if they don't give it... c'est la vie.
YES! password decryptor...that's what i want.Do you know any?
animatedude is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:39 AM   #7
pismobrat
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
your on your own....
pismobrat is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Password Protected Disk Image Isn't Requiring Password jason.siegel OS X Mavericks (10.9) 1 Jan 9, 2014 04:18 PM
Password Protected Partition Doesn't Prompt for Password tesla735 MacBook Air 1 Dec 23, 2013 12:16 PM
Password protected dmg file-Forgotten password! fedexed OS X 1 Apr 21, 2013 06:21 PM
Password protected partition? helios16v OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 3 Oct 24, 2012 10:27 AM
Password protected iPod touch mguti iPod touch 3 Aug 10, 2012 03:51 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC