Games to replace Plants vs Zombies? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:08 AM   #1
bulldoze
macrumors member

Games to replace Plants vs Zombies?

We got this a few months ago and it certainly gets my vote as the most polished and well designed game I have ever played on the iPad.

My 5yr old boy absolutely adores the game though and talks about little else these days.

He has now finished the game and I am trying to get him into something that is a little bit more cerebral and more creative - also I am uncomfortable at the thought of him going to school and talking about killing zombies!

He is really into the zen garden part of the game where you grow plants for money so I am looking for some kind of simplistic trading/farm game for him to try or maybe something like animal crossing on the nintendo systems?

Anybody got any recommendations? he is only 5 so it needs to be very simplistic or has a gentle learning curve. Many thanks.
bulldoze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:15 AM   #2
balamw

Cut the Rope, Where's my Water? and Finger Physics are family favorites at my house. Puzzle type games were you at least need to think about how to achieve a goal.

My boys are a bit older though and also play slightly more violent games like Tower Madness, etc...

B
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:37 AM   #3
bulldoze
macrumors member

Thanks, he enjoys Cut the Rope and Wheres my Water they are two great games, I will check out finger physics, have not heard of that one.

I was really looking at something where he can actually build, create and manage resources, something like Sim city or Farmville I guess but without the complexity, maybe what I am looking for is not available?
bulldoze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Loopy65
macrumors 6502

My little one has loved 'dream zoo' or if you want a 'game' the 'ranch rush' series have been a hit with both my girls
Loopy65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps