Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garrize

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Just a thought:

Is it possible that apple are just waiting for apps to be retina-ready to unveil the new iMacs?

See they talked about retina-ready for photoshop, iPhoto, final cut,etc... But just for the new MacBook pro retina.

Maybe they let one retina MacBook out so that developers start making retina-ready apps? And so these apps will be available when they unveil the new iMacs?

Ps: And just so you know, I don't want a retina iMac (I think it's too big a resolution for these screen sizes...), I "just" want new CPU, GPU, USB 3, and standard SSD...

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Hm, I think the MacBook Pro Retina can to some degree be the demo-run and the "spark" to get things ready for Retina, but developing takes time. I still don't think retina iMacs will come until next year, at the earliest.

garrize

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Hm, I think the MacBook Pro Retina can to some degree be the demo-run and the "spark" to get things ready for Retina, but developing takes time. I still don't think retina iMacs will come until next year, at the earliest.

Exactly what I was thinking! Damn my English is so rusted... A demo-run.

But unlike you, I think maybe we'll see new iMacs along with ML, but not "next year".

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Exactly what I was thinking! Damn my English is so rusted... A demo-run.

But unlike you, I think maybe we'll see new iMacs along with ML, but not "next year".

Oh yes I definately think we'll see iMacs this year! Hopefully prior to ML! :D But I don't think iMacs with retina will come until 2013!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.