Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
once that comes out I'm getting it, fully loaded.

when do u guys think it'll come out?

do you think we'll have to wait a whole another year and a half?

or do u think they'll come out with a 13" retina display version as soon as their able to?

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
once that comes out I'm getting it, fully loaded.

when do u guys think it'll come out?

do you think we'll have to wait a whole another year and a half?

or do u think they'll come out with a 13" retina display version as soon as their able to?

I don't think they will for a long while. They've always seemed to cripple the 13". It's never received discrete graphics or quad core CPUs, and has been stuck at the same frustratingly low resolution since its inception.

The 15" is a sweet spot for Apple as it gives them a lot of internal real estate to play around with, and currently you really need a maximum performance configuration of hardware to adequately power the high resolution of the new display.

I hope they do as well, but I don't think it'll happen for another year.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Even if apple comes out with retina display 13, it won't start off at 1199 dollars.

I am thinking like 1499 dollars or higher. And then people will start crying again.

Apple will probably wait until year or two to just drop 13 inch MBP for good and move onto 13 inch MBA with retina display, later.

These displays aren't cheap ones, so it will be probably 1-2 years at least.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Even if apple comes out with retina display 13, it won't start off at 1199 dollars.

I am thinking like 1499 dollars or higher. And then people will start crying again.

Apple will probably wait until year or two to just drop 13 inch MBP for good and move onto 13 inch MBA with retina display, later.

These displays aren't cheap ones, so it will be probably 1-2 years at least.

hmm sounds good,

just dropped 3000 on a gaming rig, so yea broke right now anyways lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.