Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games

Old Nov 4, 2002, 04:46 PM   #1
diorio

GTA Vice City

Is GTA Vice City as good a game as promised? How does it compare to GTA3?
diorio is offline   0
Old Nov 4, 2002, 04:53 PM   #2
job
macrumors 68040

There's already a quasi-thread on this topic..

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...threadid=13809

But to answer your question, my friends tell me it's great.
job is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2002, 09:41 AM   #3
diorio

Yes, there is a thread kind of like it, but its for computers. I'm talking about PS2. People have told me its a great game and I just want to hear everyones take on it.
diorio is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2002, 11:00 AM   #4
Chaszmyr
macrumors 601

I havent played it... and i wasnt too fond of GTA3... but my friends just got Vice City and said its probably the best game hes ever played, and that its much better than GTA3 (which he liked)
Chaszmyr is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2002, 09:35 AM   #5
diorio

If it is better the GTA3, then it is a awesome game. GTA3 is probably my favorite ever PS2 game, (I haven't played vice city yet). Hopefully I'll be able to test out Vice City soon and see how it compares.
diorio is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2002, 08:10 PM   #6
ArtMan617
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to ArtMan617
I just got my copy of Vice City a couple of days ago and every spare moment I have I'm glued to the TV playing it...it's just sucked away my life (in the best way possible). I'm at 42 hidden packages, 21/35 rampages, and I'm working my way through the missions (when I'm not just cruising around on a motorcycle or flying over the city in a chopper, which rocks). Overall, the game has lived up to the hype and then surpassed my expectations, making it the #1 must-own PS2 game in my opinion...so, if you don't have it already, get yourself and copy...you will not be disappointed (yikes, I'm sounding like an advertisement)...

-ArtMan617
Old Nov 7, 2002, 08:24 PM   #7
springscansing
Banned

I got it the day it came out without a pre-order (walked past the HUGE EB line and got it at KB Toys, no problem). It rocks. Get it.
springscansing is offline   0
Old Nov 9, 2002, 03:13 PM   #8
diorio

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtMan617
I just got my copy of Vice City a couple of days ago and every spare moment I have I'm glued to the TV playing it...it's just sucked away my life (in the best way possible). I'm at 42 hidden packages, 21/35 rampages, and I'm working my way through the missions (when I'm not just cruising around on a motorcycle or flying over the city in a chopper, which rocks). Overall, the game has lived up to the hype and then surpassed my expectations, making it the #1 must-own PS2 game in my opinion...so, if you don't have it already, get yourself and copy...you will not be disappointed (yikes, I'm sounding like an advertisement)...

-ArtMan617
Are there more missions on Vice city than GTA3?
diorio is offline   0
Old Nov 9, 2002, 06:01 PM   #9
ArtMan617
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to ArtMan617
Quote:
Originally posted by diorio

Are there more missions on Vice city than GTA3?
There are tons more missions in Vice City and so far I've been very impressed at some of the clever stuff Rockstar has come up with for the missions...it really is a step up from GTA3, and that was already an incredible game...

-ArtMan617
Old Nov 10, 2002, 12:02 AM   #10
diorio

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtMan617

There are tons more missions in Vice City and so far I've been very impressed at some of the clever stuff Rockstar has come up with for the missions...it really is a step up from GTA3, and that was already an incredible game...

-ArtMan617
Yes, I need to play this game. It sounds like it is the schiznit of all games.
diorio is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games