Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dimasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Guys, how in the world do I import my coupons/flights/gift cards into the passbook app in ios6 on iPhone 4S?
No matter what i do, i cant import any of my upcoming flight confrimations/tickets, coupons, gift cards, etc into passbook?
how the **** do i do it?!

dimasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
You don't. The app developers have to build in functionality to their apps for the passes to appear in Passbook.

so as you buy the passes on living social, or group on, or apple store (gift card), they will be automatically imported into passbooks?

nabechu

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
Passbook is currently worthless until developers update their apps to use it. Once those apps are updated, they'll just show up in Passbook.

dimasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Passbook is currently worthless until developers update their apps to use it. Once those apps are updated, they'll just show up in Passbook.

yeah that kinda sucks. would be cool to be able to import gift cards and tickets you already have on hand

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
are there any apps which currently work with it at all?

No. It was only announced yesterday.

This is why developers have a few months of beta versions before the general public get their hands on the OS: to make their apps work with the new features :)

dimasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
No. It was only announced yesterday.

This is why developers have a few months of beta versions before the general public get their hands on the OS: to make their apps work with the new features :)

Why in the world wouldn't apple allow us to import our own gift card/tickets/etc????

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Do you have the Starbucks app installed? I was told the integration is already in place...

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Why in the world wouldn't apple allow us to import our own gift card/tickets/etc????

Because it's not a repository of scanned images. The passes are live updating, showing things like your latest gift card balance, or the current estimated arrival time of your train.

If you just want to save an image, you can get the same functionality by it to your photo library!

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Yeah was just hoping the devs that had early access (e.g. starbucks) might have released an update today

actually, i might make one myself if it's easy enough!

I doubt they could release anything yet. If it's anything like the iOS 5 release, you weren't allowed to submit an app using the new features to the app store until a week or two before the public release of the OS.

dimasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I doubt they could release anything yet. If it's anything like the iOS 5 release, you weren't allowed to submit an app using the new features to the app store until a week or two before the public release of the OS.

I don't think Starbucks is already integrated. Just downloaded starbucks, got myself a card, but it's not in passbook as of yet

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
yeah that kinda sucks. would be cool to be able to import gift cards and tickets you already have on hand

"It kinda sucks"? That 'kinda' annoys me.
Apple released this app less than 24 hours ago. No one knew anything about it!
So how on earth can developers already have access with Passbook in their apps?

What kinda annoys me is that you're expecting beta1 to work system wide.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
"It kinda sucks"? That 'kinda' annoys me.
Apple released this app less than 24 hours ago. No one knew anything about it!
So how on earth can developers already have access with Passbook in their apps?

What kinda annoys me is that you're expecting beta1 to work system wide.

I was hoping the app was a little like Cardstar where you can have the camera take a pic of your keychain card (like Giant Eagle rewards card) and have it available when you pull up to a GetGo on your phone's lock screen.

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
I guess Passbook isn't available on the iPad? I mean, not that I would actually need it... but was hoping to check it out as I am hesitant to update my iPhone as I enjoy all the jailbreak hacks on it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.