Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1
mjn138
macrumors newbie

Podcasts missing

Anyone notice that Podcasts are missing from the new iTunes app? I assume this will be fixed over the next few days, as I believe the stores can be changed without updating the OS, but for those people who listen to podcasts, it might be worth waiting to upgrade.
mjn138 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2
gage006
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn138 View Post
Anyone notice that Podcasts are missing from the new iTunes app? I assume this will be fixed over the next few days, as I believe the stores can be changed without updating the OS, but for those people who listen to podcasts, it might be worth waiting to upgrade.
Beta.

Anyways, you can get to it from the option in the Music app.
gage006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:10 PM   #3
mjn138
macrumors newbie

Actually, that button takes you to something, but not the podcast itself. Doesn't even seem possible to download new podcasts at this point.

Not complaining, fully understand the beta concept...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:11 PM   #4
gage006
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn138 View Post
Actually, that button takes you to something, but not the podcast itself. Doesn't even seem possible to download new podcasts at this point.

Not complaining, fully understand the beta concept...
Strange. I don't use iTunes to manage podcasts anymore so I can't test it but just what someone said in another post.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5
mjn138
macrumors newbie

I actually don't either.

You can get to your own podcasts from within the Music app, but you can't actually search for/download any podcasts. One of my friends listens to a lot of podcasts, so he was somewhat aggravated with this. Also I think his podcast app (not sure the name) was crashing (not surprisingly as its a beta).
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Me either.

I think Apple really wanted to push across to people that this is beta software. There is no AirPlay or Ping either. iTunes U is broken too. That's as much as I can see so far as I've only used it for the past two hours.

Really folks, do not update to a beta if you're wanting to use your device as you normally would. I only did it as my iPhone 4 is not my main device anymore and it's just sitting on my desk unused.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:30 PM   #7
gage006
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Me either.

I think Apple really wanted to push across to people that this is beta software. There is no AirPlay or Ping either. iTunes U is broken too. That's as much as I can see so far as I've only used it for the past two hours.

Really folks, do not update to a beta if you're wanting to use your device as you normally would. I only did it as my iPhone 4 is not my main device anymore and it's just sitting on my desk unused.
AirPlay is still there, works fine. It's in the multitasking bar. Also, no one cares about Ping.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
AirPlay is still there, works fine. It's in the multitasking bar. Also, no one cares about Ping.
It's not on mine...
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:11 AM   #9
gage006
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It's not on mine...
Sounds like a problem with your device. I was just using mine earlier, worked fine.

http://cl.ly/2j3B3t1v3w3h3J2r2X1t
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:13 AM   #10
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
Sounds like a problem with your device. I was just using mine earlier, worked fine.

http://cl.ly/2j3B3t1v3w3h3J2r2X1t
I just realized why now. Heh.

Quote:
The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).
I don't have AirServer installed.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 AM   #11
steviem
macrumors 68020

I wonder if Apple is prepping a Podcasts app. I wouldn't mind a more appley podcast experience (than Instacast which seems to have gotten worse/slower in it's last update) without having to sync with a computer to stay up to date.
steviem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Felder71
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviem View Post
I wonder if Apple is prepping a Podcasts app. I wouldn't mind a more appley podcast experience (than Instacast which seems to have gotten worse/slower in it's last update) without having to sync with a computer to stay up to date.
Try Downcast. I would prefer a native experience, but Downcast sure has all of the bases covered. I doubt anything introduced from Apple at this point would match up.
Felder71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:35 PM   #13
mrial
macrumors regular

You can still get podcasts into the iPhone iOS 6 beta. Download them into iTunes on your computer, turn on podcast sync for your device and then sync.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:43 PM   #14
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

Podcast app coming?
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6