Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
People complain that the design is too complicated. Then they complain that it's too simple... People just complain because that's all they know how to do.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
They complain because the new jack likely won't have digital in/out. It will likely be exactly the same jack as on the iphone.

Trishul

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I agree, the whole point of this laptop is getting did of outdated tech, they still have the original mbp for those who rely on DVDs and separate mics.

Those that REALLY need an audio input will be using a FireWire or USB connection, which the new laptop supports, and no doubt within a year or so, thunderbolt audio interfaces will become commonplace.

Someone needs to lead an example if things are to ever progress.. If other companies had the same attitude, we'd have floating tablets by now no doubt or something else just as crazy.. But companies are too focused on milking every dime possible from the consumer and tricking them into believing they're getting the next best thing.. When they really aren't.

Yes I'm an Apple fanboy.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
It is bad for me because I need additional adaptor when I wanted to record my music in macbook pro.

mpkayeuk

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
Anyone complaining about I/O options is just missing the point. It's all about Thuderbolt now. If you can't afford to invest in Thunderbolt audio interfaces then buy another laptop! Heck, you could even buy a $50 USB audio interface if you are that desperate for Audio In/Out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.