Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frostbyte32

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
My wife has had her 4s for not even a week...she went to show me something on it this morning and when she turned to show it to me she noticed a tiny hairline crack running from the camera lens to the right about halfway down.

She babies her phone and has never dropped or bumped it hard on anything. From my reading online it seems it is a rare occurrence with a flaw in the glass to cause it to crack like this. There is no splintering or point of impact. Just a single small crack.

I read a few similar stories where Apple replaced it under the manufacturers warranty...hoping they do the same for her...now to drive an hour to the nearest Apple store! :-(

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
My wife has had her 4s for not even a week...she went to show me something on it this morning and when she turned to show it to me she noticed a tiny hairline crack running from the camera lens to the right about halfway down.

She babies her phone and has never dropped or bumped it hard on anything. From my reading online it seems it is a rare occurrence with a flaw in the glass to cause it to crack like this. There is no splintering or point of impact. Just a single small crack.

I read a few similar stories where Apple replaced it under the manufacturers warranty...hoping they do the same for her...now to drive an hour to the nearest Apple store! :-(

Apple will definitely replace the phone or the back cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.