Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udmatt5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Like all of you I was really bummed not to get a new iMac or even an updated one, but I have waited long enough and I don't want a MBP. So i went to Bestbuy.com this morning to see if perhaps we would get a sale and none of the 27" models that were there yesterday come back on searches. If you search for iMac you now only get 3 21" results...

You can sneak your way onto the pages by searching in google and getting the specific page link, but it seems as if they are deliberately suppressing those results on thier site (worked fine yesterday FYI).

Any thoughts or speculation on this? Sale? Tweak incoming?

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I don't take stock in any stock shortages or third-party website information like this. I find it very interesting that people out there spend lots of time combing the web for any speck of evidence of an impending update though...:p

udmatt5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Fair enough, but typically it would just show up as out of stock or unavaialbel at this time I would think, not just missing from search results. Can't base too much off of Bestbuy though. Well hopefully it comes back soon as I want to order this week.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Best Buy has one of the least reliable sites for anything.

I've gone into a Best Buy store and they had items IN STOCK that according to their web site were OUT OF STOCK !!!

I don't even go to their web site anymore, I go to the store.

chilly willy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Best Buy has one of the least reliable sites for anything.

I've gone into a Best Buy store and they had items IN STOCK that according to their web site were OUT OF STOCK !!!

I don't even go to their web site anymore, I go to the store.

True. I was contemplating an Asus gaming laptop and had just seen it was in stock in the store (hear sales guy telling someone they had a bunch), then about half an hour later was looking at specs, it shows online as out of stock at store I was in.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I'm not fond of Best Buy at all, really. I've had bad experiences with returns and prices being too high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.