Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Help me out here real quick, will a 13" MAcbook Pro box fit inside a Medium Flat Rate Box from USPS.

The dimensions are 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8

I know when I purchased my MBP a few years ago it came in a flat rate box but not sure if the sizes have changed

Anyone put a 13" MBP box inside a flat rate box?

Thanks

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
Help me out here real quick, will a 13" MAcbook Pro box fit inside a Medium Flat Rate Box from USPS.

The dimensions are 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8

I know when I purchased my MBP a few years ago it came in a flat rate box but not sure if the sizes have changed

Anyone put a 13" MBP box inside a flat rate box?

Thanks

Completely off-topic and no help to you at all except a bump, however:

Every time I reload my order status page I say "If it fits.." and when it does ship I am going to loudly exclaim "IT SHIPS! for a low flat rate!"

LOL, I am tired.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Well I sold a damaged Laptop on ebay (water damage). I am shipping it in the original box.

I wanted to print up some postage online at home but have no clue what box to put it in.

Maybe I will just buy the large flat rate box and if it fits better in a medium.. screw it, free money for usps lol

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Well I sold a damaged Laptop on ebay (water damage). I am shipping it in the original box.

I wanted to print up some postage online at home but have no clue what box to put it in.

Maybe I will just buy the large flat rate box and if it fits better in a medium.. screw it, free money for usps lol

UPS might be cheaper then even a flat rate USPS box. Plus it's easier to track.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

By original box do you mean the white box or the brown shipping box? If the latter you don't need another box. If the former you still need at least 2" of cushion b/t the white box & shipping box. Personally I would not ship even a dead computer via USPS. Their tracking is 20th cent. & good luck getting an insurance reimbursement if lost. They'll red tape you until you cry uncle & walk away.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
By original box do you mean the white box or the brown shipping box? If the latter you don't need another box. If the former you still need at least 2" of cushion b/t the white box & shipping box. Personally I would not ship even a dead computer via USPS. Their tracking is 20th cent. & good luck getting an insurance reimbursement if lost. They'll red tape you until you cry uncle & walk away.

I agree. USPS has the WORST tracking system. And their flat rate boxes aren't that cheap. Unless you're shipping bricks or something :rolleyes:

I would treat the laptop how I would want to receive it. So using UPS shows you care :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.