Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:03 AM   #1
argo063
macrumors member

Auto feed scanner?

Hey people

Im looking for a Auto Feed Photo scanner?

Have any one heard of one?

thanks
argo063 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:03 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

What do you mean by photo scanner? The automatic document feeder of scanners that have them have adjustable guides to accommodate various paper sizes. Scanning software has selectable resolution. If your scanner properly handles your paper stock and accurately captures color at sufficient resolution, then the device does not need to be labeled photo scanner.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3
argo063
macrumors member

Yer I under stand document scanners. But I need one that up to 1200 dpi . Plus I sort of want one design for photos then it doesn't curl them.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:44 AM   #4
MisterMe
macrumors G4

This is not quite right. The pixel density of a scanner is not nearly so important as the total number of pixels in the scanned image. The gold standard for scanning photographs is the drum scanner. You obviously cannot afford a drum scanner. Consumer-grade photo scanners are designed to scan 3x5 or 5x8 photographs. A document scanner can scan 8x10 photographs. My experience with the scan of 8x10 is most satisfactory. It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools. If you are minimally competent, then the print of your scans will blow the socks off the people who view them.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:01 PM   #5
argo063
macrumors member

My scanner and Vuescan scan does a great job. got a Epson V700. Just wish I don't have to place them haha. Can put 3 in at a time and Scan at 1200 dpi, 48 bits, tiff. Then do all editing in bridge.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Tags
auto feed, design, photo, scanner