Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
(I apologize if this has been answered before - I tried the search and didn't find anything!)

I am looking for a case for my iPad 2. I would like for it to have a zipper, so it is actually protected from dust/sand/lint/etc. when I throw it in my backpack or suitcase. BUT, I would also like to use it as a stand.

As it is, I can only find zipped bags with the stand functionality. It's always either the smartcover-like folding mechanism without a zipper, or a simple zippered sleeve that can't be used as a stand.

Is there something out there that offers both?

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
If your looking only for one that has a zipper encloser i personally would take a look at the BookBook my Twelve South. Its been out since the first iPad and will last a long time if you choose to pick that up and will definetly keep your iPad safe from the elements.

oneapplegeek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
(I apologize if this has been answered before - I tried the search and didn't find anything!)

I am looking for a case for my iPad 2. I would like for it to have a zipper, so it is actually protected from dust/sand/lint/etc. when I throw it in my backpack or suitcase. BUT, I would also like to use it as a stand.

As it is, I can only find zipped bags with the stand functionality. It's always either the smartcover-like folding mechanism without a zipper, or a simple zippered sleeve that can't be used as a stand.

Is there something out there that offers both?

+1 for bookbook. this might be the one you are looking for :) except for the design. :p

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Bookbook is the only case I think has a zipper and can be a stand, I find them ugly and expensive though..

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_ipad/

I've seen this case at Starbucks the other day. The owner of the case seemed to be using it to the max for the functionality it offered. One thing I like about Starbucks is that you get to observe the people there and the things they have or do with it.:p

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Well, functionality-wise the BookBook is pretty much what I am looking for...

I could do without the "looking ridiculous" feature though! :D

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
^ That one would be perfect except for the design! :eek:

After some more research, my favorite I have seen thus far is the M-Edge "Pyramid" zip case:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad2-pyramid.psp?device=ipad2

PD2-PY1-C-BT--front-med.jpg

PD2-PY1-C-BT--detail01-med.jpg

PD2-PY1-C-BT--detail02-med.jpg

PD2-PY1-C-BT--detail03-med.jpg

I would prefer the fold/flip type stand that most other cases use, but I think is will probably work alright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.