Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xdhd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Sweden
First of all I'm disappointed as hell with this year's updates. I've also been waiting a year for new Macbook Pro 13 with those spec as they did for 15" retina. Since Steve Jobs' death, these parasites have tried playing with the company and their customers.

I really hope that Apple will go into huge losses with their **** updates that they have done.

Will there be an update soon, or they will sit and keep the rest out of the year?
Hope someone has some information about this!

Last edited by a moderator:

JacinTatt

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
First of all I'm disappointed as hell with this year's updates. I've also been waiting a year for new Macbook Pro 13 with those spec as they did for 15" retina. Since Steve Jobs' death, these parasites have tried playing with the company and their customers.

I really hope that Apple will go into huge losses with their **** updates that they have done.

Will there be an update soon, or they will sit and keep the rest out of the year?

Don't be so butt-hurt. There was no actual evidence that a 13-inch retina was coming. Just rumours from rumour sites. Also, I doubt Apple is going to go into huge losses considering you already have to wait a month to get a retina macbook due to the huge amount of orders.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Don't be so butt-hurt. There was no actual evidence that a 13-inch retina was coming. Just rumours from rumour sites. Also, I doubt Apple is going to go into huge losses considering you already have to wait a month to get a retina macbook due to the huge amount of orders.
I remember reading a rumor called 'Thinner 13" and 15" in production"

So much for the 13". Perhaps we'll see that with Haswell...

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
There was no actual evidence that a 13-inch retina was coming. Just rumours from rumour sites.

There wasn't even rumours for a 13 inch, all rumours were for the 15 and that's what we got. The only one I know that mentioned the 13 was Appleinsider who quoted the analyst who thinks it is coming in August.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
I guess when they work out all the apps for retina display on 15" etc as its still 1st gen retina on a laptop, they will release the 13" retina either in air form or pro. I prefer the pro version of the 13" slimmed down. Maybe next year.

hi-there

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2007
Melbourne
I wonder if it is possible to put a retina display in 13" laptops... keeping in mind that you need a decent GPU to drive that many pixels. There maybe a reason why 13" laptops have always had onboard Intel GPUs and never anything more powerful that can get hotter! Also, with more power comes shorter battery life.

xdhd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Sweden

I really don't care about the rumours but why just only realse for 15"??

15" is to large for majority of the notebook users. If I need a large computer then I would rather than go and buy a desktop like a iMac or Mac Pro.

I hope that there are millions out there who are as disappointed as me.

If I Had the opportunity and be at WWDC, I had guaranteed bawl them out. But unfortunately there are so many faggost out there who do not dare to express their discontent.

rockbird

macrumors member
May 14, 2012
I really don't care about the rumours but why just only realse for 15"??

15" is to large for majority of the notebook users. If I need a large computer then I would rather than go and buy a desktop like a iMac or Mac Pro.

I hope that there are millions out there who are as disappointed as me.

If I Had the opportunity and be at WWDC, I had guaranteed bawl them out. But unfortunately there are so many faggost out there who do not dare to express their discontent.

Please stop using those vague terms " the majority" want 13", "the majority" want CD-rom. blah blah.

The fact is, apple did their market research and they concluded that the real majority want 15" and no CD-rom, otherwise they won't sell this.

To summarize, you are probably the 5%.

JacinTatt

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012

I lol'd hard. If a two inch difference is the bridge between a small screen and a large screen for you, there's a problem. It's easy to just say "hurr hurr where's my 13 inch retina mbp?" What you don't realise is that it requires an immense amount of engineering to design all the internals to fit into a 13-inch case, while still having enough power to drive 4x the amount of pixels and maintain a good battery life.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
You sound like you've got some angst there, fella. Apple is an American company, so I feel like I should apologize to you on behalf of my fellow countrymen. I will use we in the apology since we're pretty much all in this together.

Dear xdhd,

I'm sorry that you did not get exactly what you want. I'm sure you're a special boy and you probably even eat all of your peas at dinner, but, alas, we did not come through with the high end electronics that you desperately need. Unfortunately, you're right about us parasites. We've been using the death of the company's former CEO as an excuse to really screw with our customer base. On top of the RMBP 13", we've also not delivered the 4" iPhone, the 7" iPad, or the flying car we have sitting in our R&D facility (crap....I'm not so sure I was supposed to mention that). We've been small and conniving in our attempt to be as parasitic as humanly possible (insert the echo of muffled evil laughter here) and I'm glad you were here to point this out to us so we could get back on track.

Please forgive us for the terrible mistake that we've made.

Sincerely,
America (and, by proxy, Apple Inc)

P.S. I see you're from Sweden. How about those swedish fish? Those things are great, right? See....something in common. We're rebuilding that bridge already.

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Carrot and stick is Steve Jobs' legacy. Nothing has changed.

This.

The 13" RMBP will come in the future., and at that point, the old style MBPs will cease to exist.

It doesn't take a genius to see Apple's plan here.

xdhd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Sweden
Okay, but can only be a clear and tell me why they chose to keep the regular macbook pro in 13, but just release the new one also retina in 15 inches?

Why could not they scrap the old one also 13 and 15 inches and instead of releasing new generation macbook pro in both 13 and 15 inches?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Okay, but can only be a clear and tell me why they chose to keep the regular macbook pro in 13, but just release the new one also retina in 15 inches?

Why could not they scrap the old one also 13 and 15 inches and instead of releasing new generation macbook pro in both 13 and 15 inches?

1. Most likely they don't have a 13" panel they like yet. Tech on this is still fairly new.

2. Because there are lots of folks that still want ODD, ethernet, FW, user upgradable parts, and the cheaper price tag.

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
1. Most likely they don't have a 13" panel they like yet. Tech on this is still fairly new.

2. Because there are lots of folks that still want ODD, ethernet, FW, user upgradable parts, and the cheaper price tag.

Why is the tech on a 13" harder than a 15"? I guess I would (naively) assume a 13" panel would be easier to do than a 15". Is it the resolution thats the problem?

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007

Ask me how upset I am that an illiterate homophobe is disappointed.

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
The fact is, apple did their market research and they concluded that the real majority want 15" and no CD-rom, otherwise they won't sell this.

Sorry but Apple does not conduct market research, they dictate what the market will or should want.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Sorry but Apple does not conduct market research, they dictate what the market will or should want.

Apple conducts quite a bit of market research, they simply utilize that information differently from many other companies. In this case, Apple knew from their market research that the Retina displays in the iPhone and iPad were very well received and would likely result in significant sales of a laptop featuring one.

OP, please refrain from sounding like an immature brat when you post in the future. If you can't, I'd rather not see you post here again.

jW

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009

They needed a medium volume selling computer with a high price point to pay for the high cost and low yield of high density panels.

The 13" panels should be a bit easier to make (higher yield rates), but people would expect the 13" to be at a lower price point.

Also, look at the thermal management they had to do to manage to get these specs into a 15" laptop. Playing any games at all with the integrated Intel graphics on such a high res display would be pretty pointless, so you pretty much need some sort of dedicated GPU. That's a lot harder to squeeze into a 13" form factor.

I think it will come, it just isn't time yet. Maybe they're waiting for the next gen of Intel processors and GPUs to make it feasible.

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
From the analyst that nailed everything (but the name) this time:

"Kuo predicts that issues with display yield and heat dissipation will push the release of the 13-inch MacBook back until August, leaving only the 15-inch model to make its debut next week. "

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
New tech always starts bigger and then eventually shrinks down.

I beg to differ. TV screens almost ALWAYS go small to large. See OLED, HDTV etc. Why don't we have 200" TVs for super cheap, and why are 20" TVs so inexpensive?

I agree with this for some electronics, transistors, computers (general size), cell phones. But not displays. Its almost always the case that displays are made small first and larger later.

If not all displays, then at least retina.

1st 3.5" iPhone retina

2nd 10" iPad retina

should be easy to do - (13") prospective MBP retina

3rd 15" MBP retina

13" inches should be no problem by those standards.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston

Go crawl into a hole. Nothing's changing, and if you don't like it go start your own company that manufactures notebooks. They didn't come out with a Retina 13" and if you were paying any sort of attention to the way their products have been coming out, you'd have known that.

The 13" to this day still doesn't have quad core processors or discrete graphics. Even with the removal of the optical drive, Apple obviously decided that technology wasn't at the point where they could deliver a completely flawless experience at the 13" footprint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.