Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petersh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Hi all

I am trying to clear out my mac book pro to give you some context. I have a 120GB SATA Disk with lion (yes its quite old) but it works. However having looked at the storage I only have 2.68 GB of memory left. So have down loaded omni sweeper to see what files i have by size. It appears that I have 32.5 GB of backups (photos). I also have a time machine with al the data on so my question is am I able to delete the backup files that are on the macbook or am I about to have a nasty surprise.

Any help / thoughts appreciated.

Peter

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi all

I am trying to clear out my mac book pro to give you some context. I have a 120GB SATA Disk with lion (yes its quite old) but it works. However having looked at the storage I only have 2.68 GB of memory left. So have down loaded omni sweeper to see what files i have by size. It appears that I have 32.5 GB of backups (photos). I also have a time machine with al the data on so my question is am I able to delete the backup files that are on the macbook or am I about to have a nasty surprise.

Any help / thoughts appreciated.

Peter
If you delete items from your drive, make sure your backup settings don't cause those items to also be deleted from your backup, and you should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.