Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
T-Mobile has plans to refarm their network to run the iPhone and other 1900 phones. Does Sprint have any plans to help speed up their 3G networks which often receives complaints.

DavidMc

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
Do a search on Sprint Network Vision. This started as 3G rework but now also includes LTE rollout.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Their 3G speedup is basically an LTE rollout as an upgrade to 4G....their data speeds are horrible, considering there is no one using the bandwith

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
There was a Sprint iPhone 4S at the mall. My friends and I visited Gizmodo Mobile, and after we bought some Auntie Anne's pretzels and came back, it was still not done. Sprint is slow.

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
I live in LA county and have only recently had issues with my Sprint 3G data speeds. There was a big wind storm about 6 months ago that knocked out 73 towers in LA county alone. The speeds have yet to recover from that issue. Before that I was getting about 2 megs down and 1 up which was plenty fine for me. Not WiFi speeds, but still nothing to complain about.

I'm just hoping their LTE rollout gets ahead of schedule like their WiMax rollout did and we'll see it in major markets soon. Their iDEN spectrum is going to be converted over to a data network sometime in 2013.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.