Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
the_mole1314 said:
http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1188

Now we just need to get the other studios!

With Disney it would probably be the TV side of things.

Imagine setting up feeds of what ever shows they have on the Disney Channel as a podcast with a monthly subscription fee, either that or you go heavy on advertisements. If you are expection to see snow white on your ipod look for fees of $20.

Though that would tie in well with the car holder.

Imagine how many movies you could fit on a 60 G or 80G ipod stored in h264 format.

It could replace the in car dvd player if you could feed into the tv screens.

Then there would be downloads from a Tivo...

It could be seriously sweet.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
OK, UK users, Shoot me. I just saw MongoTheGeek's signature and thought... Richard & Judy VideoPodCasts :D... wow, watch that AMAZING show on the way to work :p. hehe.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
I know this may be a little unethical business wise but couldn't Jobs just say to Disney: "You want to keep distributing Pixar, right?" It's a win win. Disney makes revenue off of sales through the iTunes/Video/Media Store and Steve agrees to their distribution of Pixar films. And I am sure he would also try to lock up some sort of exclusivity to keep out MS/Netflix/ect.

On the other hand, distribution rights for Pixar films would make a good bargaining chip to the scads of other companies with large back catalogs too.
Or maybe I am being a little optimistic. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.