Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
Has the battery life noticeably improved over the 2011?

Not that I can tell. The specs on Apple's site are the same, and in my usage, I am getting about 5 hours. It's cool, because that's what I paid for, but I wouldn't have minded another extra hour or two :)

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Not that I can tell. The specs on Apple's site are the same, and in my usage, I am getting about 5 hours. It's cool, because that's what I paid for, but I wouldn't have minded another extra hour or two :)
I'd consider that an improvement. I, and most people I know (and have read about on these forums), only got around 3.5-4 on average for the 2011.

I'm sure they're using the exact same batteries, it's just that Ivy Bridge is a little more energy efficient. So who knows. I'd probably go back to the 11in (from the 13in) if I could actually get 5 hours lol

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I'd consider that an improvement. I, and most people I know (and have read about on these forums), only got around 3.5-4 on average for the 2011.

I'm sure they're using the exact same batteries, it's just that Ivy Bridge is a little more energy efficient. So who knows. I'd probably go back to the 11in (from the 13in) if I could actually get 5 hours lol

I had a 2011 MBA for a while, and it got about 5 hours. Maybe it is my usage, or just my poor memory :)

At any rate, it is nothing terribly impressive, and works as advertised.

dona83

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Kelowna, BC
YMMV. My wife was using her Air on and off for eight hours the first day she got it, it had 40% battery life left after the end of the day. Podcasts, web browsing, showing off a DVD presentation (ripped). Settings are display off after a minute, go to sleep after two. The Air only takes less than 2 seconds to wake up from sleep.

Anandtech managed to get 6 hours 20 minutes from an 11" Air with light web browsing. Of course if you're gaming or doing heavy work, heck Netflix using Silverlight is a battery hog, you will get less battery life. Apple can't account for every scenario just as EPA fuel economy estimates can't account for every driver and driving condition.

39853.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4528/the-2011-macbook-air-11-13inch-review/13

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.