Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a case from Seidio for my iPad. It said "new" version for iPad 3 / iPad 2. Got it, looked good, felt good and that is where the good stopped. I put it on the iPad and the silicon cover was so flimsy that it would not stay on at the bottom or the top. The cover that is supposed to be a stand, was so hard to open that after the 2nd try the support that is to hold the iPad snapped off.

I contacted Siedo and since I bought it on Amazon Siedio said that they were not responsible and I am on my own to deal with the company I bought it from.

End story I will never by a Siedio product again.

HiddenPuppy

Last edited:

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a case from Seidio for my iPad. It said "new" version for iPad 3 / iPad 2. Got it, looked good, felt good and that is where the good stopped. I put it on the iPad and the silicon cover was so flimsy that it would not stay on at the bottom or the top. The cover that is supposed to be a stand, was so hard to open that after the 2nd try the support that is to hold the iPad snapped off.

I contacted Siedo and since I bought it on Amazon Siedio was not responsible and I am on my own to deal with the company I bought it from.

End story I will never by a Siedio product again.

HiddenPuppy

So you're not ordering from Seido because their case is bad. Not cuz of customer service.

Amazon would be much easier to deal with for customer service than most manufacturers. If you are within your 45 days Amazon will take it back in a heartbeat and return shipping would be free no questions asked.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
So you're not ordering from Seido because their case is bad. Not cuz of customer service.

Amazon would be much easier to deal with for customer service than most manufacturers. If you are within your 45 days Amazon will take it back in a heartbeat and return shipping would be free no questions asked.

I reread my 1st post and I was not clear, so sorry about that. I have edited my 1st post and hope that it is more clear.

I am not ordering anything from Siedio from now on because of their customer service and the poor product I got.

I have done business with Otterbox and I can assure you that their customer service is top of the line. Does not matter to them where you bought a product, if there is a problem they will do all to correct it.

As to Amazon, yes that is the direction I am going, but since this was sold through Amazon by another seller, it is a little more complicated. It will all work out and I will have lost about $16 on postage for the shipping to me and back to the seller, but that is life.

Thanks for your advice,
HiddenPuppy

Last edited:

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I am not ordering anything from Siedio from now on because of their customer service and the poor product I got.

As to Amazon, yes that is the direction I am going, but since this was sold through Amazon by another seller, it is a little more complicated. It will all work out and I will have lost about $16 on postage for the shipping to me and back to the seller, but that is life.

Thanks for your advice,
HiddenPuppy

OK, now I get it.

I think third party manufacturers think they can just charge premium price for any apple accessory but make sloppy products. I don't think the strain on their customer service wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make sloppy product that needed returning.

In the past if I didn't pay much for an item I'd usually eat it and not return the item because of the hassle. But since third party manufacturers charge so much for Apple accessories they should expect customers to demand excellent quality. I think manufacturers expected to milk apple customers because of the prices we are willing to pay for apple products. They thought they could produce poor quality stuff and sell it at a premium without consequence.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
OK, now I get it.

I think third party manufacturers think they can just charge premium price for any apple accessory but make sloppy products. I don't think the strain on their customer service wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make sloppy product that needed returning.

In the past if I didn't pay much for an item I'd usually eat it and not return the item because of the hassle. But since third party manufacturers charge so much for Apple accessories they should expect customers to demand excellent quality. I think manufacturers expected to milk apple customers because of the prices we are willing to pay for apple products. They thought they could produce poor quality stuff and sell it at a premium without consequence.

I am old enough to remember when the customer was "always" right and vendors took care of them. I paid $50 plus $8 shipping and now I have to pay $8 to ship it back, not real happy about that. I should have stuck with Otterbox. I feel that since Siedio made this they should have at least TRIED to help me out, but their attitude was, you didn't buy it from us, tough luck.

HiddenPuppy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.