Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbean9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
The back is getting really hot with general use, Anyone else have this?

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I didn't update the iOS in my phone mainly because it was a 4 but my ipad3 gets no warmer running iOS 6. From my knowledge iPhones getting warmer after the update isn't common at all

misterquin

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Only had it for a day or so, but I definitely didn't notice that. Sounds like you need to restore.

Dodongo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
My iPhone has become quite hot since I updated to iOS 6 as well :S
Not sure whether to go through the hassle of restoring or just ignore it.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Every once in a while my 4S gets a bit hotter than usual, but it's not often so I'm not too worried.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
I'm on a 4, and haven't had any heat issues
and my partner has been using their old 4, just testing it without risking their 4s, and they haven't had any heat issues

Dodongo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
It's stopped suddenly :/ I think it happening intermittently. Maybe reboot every time it happens

Dodongo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
I thought you always had to clean install with betas :S Although I did hear about some way of updating it without an developer account. Which I do so I did it through restore

rosswell

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
Seattle
Yes, very hot and poor battery life

I upgraded, not clean install, via the Developer program. 6 mo. old 4S.

Battery life was very bad even if only 3 apps running, and I turned off Locations services and Notifications and all that I could turn off.

Maps was very cool and I liked the OS in general, but YES the phone got hot in my hand and ate battery life like never before.

I am going back to 5.1.1 now.

They better figure that out, I supposed the phone is running a lot of stuff that has to do with beta, and will be turned off later.

:confused:

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Hot and Dead!

My 4 (not S) is getting blazing hot and seeing drastic battery drain. 100% @ 8AM and 32% at 11AM with minimal usage. :confused:

tasandkrs

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I upgraded, not clean install, via the Developer program. 6 mo. old 4S.

Battery life was very bad even if only 3 apps running, and I turned off Locations services and Notifications and all that I could turn off.

Maps was very cool and I liked the OS in general, but YES the phone got hot in my hand and ate battery life like never before.

I am going back to 5.1.1 now.

They better figure that out, I supposed the phone is running a lot of stuff that has to do with beta, and will be turned off later.

:confused:

The only thing that solved the problem for me was disabling iCloud.

dmanthony

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
The back is getting really hot with general use, Anyone else have this?

Using GPS while on iOS 6, my phone gets almost too hot to touch. I also can't charge it enough while driving either to keep the battery full. My phone cruelly died while being plugged in when diving with GPS (Waze) running.

Also, I am lucky to get even 6 hours to a charge now.

Ganstavoo

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
Ohio / Cali
My phone has been normal temp, normal flawless battery with ios 6 beta 1... once I updated to beta 2.. I have started having the over heating issue.. my battery drained 4 hours!

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Using GPS while on iOS 6, my phone gets almost too hot to touch. I also can't charge it enough while driving either to keep the battery full. My phone cruelly died while being plugged in when diving with GPS (Waze) running.

Also, I am lucky to get even 6 hours to a charge now.

Here maps only show main streets you cant even search for places but doubt the country is in apple top prioritys atm.

Regarding battery issues yeap :( on the 4s it drains too fast, i can go a use tapatalk with battery at "100%" and in little time its at 80%; even if a leave it full charged overnight it drains too fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.