Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:10 PM   #76
gri
macrumors 6502a

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriknorem View Post
Yellow screen is okay, the problem is when only half the screen is yellow and the rest is another color
Not if your 2 year old iPad 2 looks better and crisper in color then your 0 day old iPad 4 (Retina display, hate their new naming of the iPad, stupid idea). I switched both on, went to the same webpage and asked my wife which one would be the newer one - sure enough she pointed to the iPad 2. And I paid $800 to get an inferior screen compared to the old device??
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:20 AM   #77
bevsb2
macrumors 6502

My iPad 3 bought online and delivered to the Apple store launch day had a beautiful bright, bluish-white screen with no issues. I'm gifting that one and purchased an iPad 4 from the Apple store with a yellow tint on one side. I returned it and ended up with 2 more from the Apple store with various yellow tint issues. All were black and had Verizon 4G. The first 2 were 64 GB and the third time I got 32 GB to see if it made any difference. I was ready to give up and then bought a white, 64 GB without 4G from Best Buy and got a perfect screen. It is a warmer screen than than the one on my iPad 3 but perfect white with no yellow tint anywhere and I prefer it to the bluish-white screen - easier on the eyes. I only mention that it came from Best Buy because of previous posts. I really think it is just the luck of the draw, but the yellow tint is definitely an issue and those who think it isn't were just lucky the first time or aren't very picky. This is the first time I have returned an Apple product for any reason.
bevsb2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:46 PM   #78
Raftysworld
macrumors 6502

Interesting observation: No one with a "white" screen has actually posted a picture yet.
Raftysworld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:46 AM   #79
nehope
macrumors member

Will this do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	382443  
nehope is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:48 AM   #80
nehope
macrumors member

Mini screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	382445  
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:41 AM   #81
MrGimper
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raftysworld View Post
Interesting observation: No one with a "white" screen has actually posted a picture yet.
Like a screen capture is going to show the tint. Lol.
MrGimper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:27 AM   #82
nehope
macrumors member

What does that mean? The screen capture is exactly what I'm looking at. I've owned all generations of the iPad and now the mini and except for a dead pixel on my very first one, have never seen any of these "issues." No light bleeding, no pink or yellow tint, no scratches or dings I haven't put on it myself, so these discussions really amuse (sometimes annoy) me.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:33 AM   #83
kallyq
macrumors regular

How lucky for you.
kallyq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:40 AM   #84
davideotape
macrumors 6502

Isn't the yellow tint thing an issue with every new apple product in high demand until people just determine the glue hasn't completely dried yet?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:50 AM   #85
Infinite Jest
macrumors regular

I'm weighing whether or not I should attempt a warranty replacement for a yellow splotch on the bottom left corner in portrait as well as yellow running up the left side. I tried the towel trick for around 24 hours of combined time and it didn't do anything. Do you think they'd hold my original tablet in case I go through a few replacements and they're all worse than this one?
Infinite Jest is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad